E A S T E R N P L A T E A U
GROWING THE RURAL ECONOMY
Providing assistance to businesses
and rural communities to grow
How much funding is available?
The Eastern Plateau (EP) Programme is funded by the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE), a Programme that is managed by the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) and is funded by the European Commission and the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra).
EP has been allocated £1.8million to invest in local farm businesses, micro enterprises, tourism and community service providers up until December 2020. The EP funds will be administered through a Leader approach and will be managed by a Local Action Group.
What will Eastern Plateau Programme funding be focused on?
1. Support for increasing farm productivity.
2. Support for micro and small enterprises and farm diversification.
3. Support for Rural Tourism.
4. Support for rural services.
5. Support for cultural and heritage activity.
6. Support for increasing forestry productivity.
Who is eligible for support?
To find out more information on eligibility please download the Eastern Plateau Applicant Handbook.
To be eligible for investment your project will need to fit with the following criteria:
* Be relevant to one of the six priorities identified above.
* Demonstrate that the majority of the project beneficiaries reside with the Eastern Plateau area (see map).
* Be able to secure match funding (the amount needed will depend on which priority your project relates to).
* Demonstrate that your project will have wider benefits within local the community such as within local supply chains (projects that just support your business alone will be unlikely to receive investment).